A DEPLOYMENT is an important term in the CMS. A DEPLOYMENT is a distinct combination of a platform and a language.
Examples of Deployments:
Android – English
iOS – English
GearVR – French
Oculus Rift – Japanese
The concept of DEPLOYMENTS is important in the CMS as all projects and collections are configured on a DEPLOYMENT basis meaning that any platform and language combination can be individually customized.
Example of a German Daydream DEPLOYMENT
Example of the English Android Deployment of the same Project
The following items can be customized on a Deployment basis:
2. Video Hosting: Meaning each Deployment can have custom video path associated with it
3. Geoblocking: Meaning each Deployment can have its own Geoblocking rules.
4. Publication Setting: Meaning each Deployment can have its own publication status (draft or published).
Deployments are a powerful way to configure your projects for any language territory.
The following items CANNOT be customized on a Deployment basis and can only be configured globally:
1. Subtitles: These can be customized only on a per-language basis
2. Binaural Sound Files: These can be customized only on a per-language basis
3. Branding: These can be customized only on a per-language basis
4. Project List Order: The same across all platforms and languages